A physician with Cincinnati-based OHC, the largest independent oncology practice in the tri-state, Dr. Grass is a noted Tri-State radiation oncologist specializing in prostate cancer, breast cancer and lung cancer. Dr. Grass also supports the CyberKnife program. He is board certified in radiation oncology.
After graduating from medical school at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, he completed his internship at University of Pittsburg Medical Center and residency at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. Dr. Grass works hard to help his patients fully understand their diagnosis, treatment, and side effects. “I try to treat all patients with dignity and compassion, while at the same time providing clear and concise verbal communication.”
Dr. Grass’ specialties include prostate cancer, vulvar, and anal cancer, and lung cancer. Staying abreast of technological advancements is an area of interest for Dr. Grass. “Advancements in imaging and computer technology help us recognize the extent of disease more accurately than in the past. In radiation oncology, this also helps to minimize short-term and long-term side effects for many patients.” When he’s not working, Dr. Grass enjoys golf, skiing, travel, and rooting for the Reds and Bengals.
University of Pittsburgh
University of Cincinnati
Specialties as they relates to Prostate Cancer
Radiation may be used:
- As the first treatment for cancer that is still just in the prostate gland and is low grade. Cure rates for men with these types of cancers are about the same as those for men treated with radical prostatectomy.
- As part of the first treatment (along with hormone therapy) for cancers that have grown outside the prostate gland and into nearby tissues.
- If the cancer is not removed completely or comes back (recurs) in the area of the prostate after surgery.
- If the cancer is advanced, to help keep the cancer under control for as long as possible and to help prevent or relieve symptoms.
The 2 main types of radiation therapy used for prostate cancer are:
- External beam radiation
- Brachytherapy (internal radiation)
Dr. Grass see patients at OHC Blue Ash and Fairfield locations. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Grass, please call 1-844-424-6673 (ICHOOSE) or visit our web site at ohcare.com