James F. Donovan, Jr., MD, Professor of Surgery and Chief of the Division of Urology at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, specializes in urologic oncology, stone disease, sexual dysfunction, pelvic floor disease, and urodynamics. He also performs minimally invasive urological surgery, including robotic surgery.
Dr. Donovan received his undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado in Boulder and his MD from Northwestern University School of Medicine in Chicago, IL. He served his internship and residency in general surgery and urology at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, IL, as well as Evanston Hospital, Children's Memorial Hospital, and VA Lakeside Hospital. Dr. Donovan completed advanced training in male infertility at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. He is certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery and in Urologic Surgery by the American Board of Urology.
Dr. Donovan is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of several national and international organizations, including:
- American Urological Association
- Urologic Society for Transplantation and Vascular Surgery
- American Lithotripsy Society
- Society for Minimally Invasive Therapy
- Societe Internationale d'Urologie
Dr. Donovan has served as an associate editor for multiple textbooks, including Laparoscopic Urology and Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery,and is an ad hoc editor for the Journal of Urology, Investigative Urology, Fertility Sterility, and the Journal of Endourology. Dr. Donovan has over 50 publications in peer-reviewed journals and is the author of 30 book chapters.
Abhinav Sidana, MD is a Urologic Surgeon specializing in the diagnosis and management of urologic cancers. Dr. Sidana completed medical schooling at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. After graduation, he joined the Brady Urological Institute of Johns Hopkins Hospital as a postdoctoral fellow where he worked on translational projects relating to cancer immunotherapy and was instrumental in translating the preclinical work to a clinical trial on ‘cryoimmunotherapy’. He then completed Urology residency at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. Subsequently, he completed a Urologic Oncology fellowship at the National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health. Dr. Sidana’s clinical practice includes both surgical and non-operative management of prostate, kidney, ureteral, testicular, and bladder cancers. Dr. Sidana’s research interests include functional prostate imaging, image-guided and focal treatments for prostate cancer and clinical trials on novel treatments for urologic cancers.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS): All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 2007
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Urology: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2010
- Urology Residency: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 2015
- Urologic Oncology Fellowship: National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 2017
- 4/2015- 6/2017 Maryland State Medical License
- 5/2016- Present District of Columbia Medical License
- 5/2017- Present Ohio State Medical License
- Board Eligible: American Board of Urology
- Member, American Urological Association (AUA)
- Member, The Endourological Society
- Member, The Society of Urologic Oncology
- Member, American Medical Association
- Jain AL and Sidana A (2016). Therapeutic Strategies for Hereditary Kidney Cancer: Beyond the Abstract. OncToday.com. .
- Sidana A, Watson M and Pinto PA (2016). MRI-TRUS Fusion Prostate Biopsy Outperforms 12-core Systematic Prostate Biopsy in Patients with Prior Negative Systematic Biopsy. AUA News. .
- Sidana A (2011). Beyond the Abstract - Does valproic acid induce neuroendocrine differentiation in prostate cancer?. UroToday.com. .
- Sidana A (2008). The M&M Matrix: What Does It Mean to a Medical Student?. General Surgery News, Sep:35:9. .
- Jain AL and Sidana ADeterminants and prognostic implications of malignant ascites in metastatic papillary renal cancer: Beyond the Abstract. OncToday.com. .
- 2000: National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Scholarship. Awarded by National Council of Educational Research and Training, Government of India
- 2000: All India Jagriti Independence Scholarship. Awarded by National Centre for Talent Promotion, Rashtriya Jagriti Sansthan, Government of India
- 2004: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna (KVPY) Research Scholarship, Government of India
- 2007: Foreign Travel Grant, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research Human Resource Development Group, Government of India
- 2009: Best Poster Award, Johns Hopkins Post-Doctoral Association Annual Poster Session, Baltimore, MD
- 2012: Urology Scholar Award, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- 2013: Art Evans Award for excellence in urological research, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- 2014: Best Clinical Abstract, Ohio Urological Society (OUS) Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH
- 2014: Urology Scholar Award, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- 2014: Art Evans Award for excellence in urological research, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- 2014: Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- 2015: Art Evans Award for excellence in urological research, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- 2015: Quality Improvement and Safety Award, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- 2016: Best Moderated Poster, Prostate Cancer: Detection & Screening, American Urological Association (AUA) Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA
- 2016: Best Moderated Poster, Kidney Cancer: Epidemiology & Evaluation/Staging, American Urological Association (AUA) Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA